From time to time in lifestyle, you have to adapt. No matter whether that is due to the fact of a change in the market place or a international pandemic, adaptability is essential to pivoting your career. In today’s episode of the Be Improved podcast, Kim and Donald are joined by Mallorie Denmon. As a salesperson in dwell entertainment, she experienced to switch up her occupation aspirations in the experience of COVID, and we discovered just how that changeover led to her actual estate achievement. 

What was Mallorie’s prepare A? 

  • Mallorie’s primary aspiration was to be a businesswoman. She had analyzed, interned, and geared up to be a part of the business planet upon graduation. 
  • She finally located a posture at Altria in Pittsburgh, Kansas, and Mallorie labored there for about a yr just before shifting to Kansas Town. 
  • A new entertainment venue was built in Kansas Town, and Mallorie got a job selling top quality products and solutions and suites to enterprise homeowners.
  • For the reason that of this situation, she even had the opportunity to go to the Grammys in 2019! 

But then, the pandemic strike.

  • On March 31, 2020, her manager informed her to get her laptop computer and go property. She was furloughed.
  • Mallorie was not anxious nevertheless, since she was instructed they’d occur back again in July.
  • But July came, and 90% of the furloughed personnel were being laid off. The remaining 10% (such as Mallorie) were now furloughed right up until September to November.  

Mallorie couldn’t choose the unknown any more. 

  • She considered serious estate aligned with her individuality, skill set, and identity. So, she signed up for classes and obtained to studying.
  • During that time, she questioned no matter if she ought to be making use of for positions in the career market or if she was truly doing what was very best for her problem. 
  • But she kept going and later passed her examination.

She didn’t start earning income right away.

  • Mallorie wanted to build a brand. She bought her social profiles with each other, introduced a internet site, and discovered to have confidence in the course of action. Finally, she was completely ready to get customers.
  • The first sale was unique. A nail tech she’s recognized for over ten several years asked to be her consumer. And thanks to assistance from her broker and her mentor, Mallorie was ready to aid them discover their new property.
  • When the dust settles, impacting her group helps make this profession worthwhile to Mallorie. 

Mallorie’s information to her young self? Never wait around. If you have a purpose, make a plan and execute it.  

Be Better Episode Assets:

You can aid build a superior planet.

Support Much better Properties and Gardens struggle homelessness throughout the entire world by donating at With a goal to raise $100,000 by the conclude of 2022, your contributions will go right to supporting people affected and encouraging make a globe with households for everyone.

This episode is introduced to you in aspect by Better Properties and Gardens® Serious Estate.

Searching for a new function that will allow you to become your own boss, build your individual agenda, and have outstanding profits prospective devoid of the headache of commencing a new small business? Turn out to be an agent with Greater Households and Gardens® Authentic Estate, an American icon dependable in all factors relevant to the property. Investigate job possibilities at